Saturday, June 03, 2006

Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Temple




The Khoo Kongsi Temple, The forefathers of the Khoo family who emigrated from South China built it as a clan-house for members of the Khoo family. It was burned down in 1894 and some believed that it was due to its resemblance to the Emperor's palace. A scaled down version was later built in 1902. The building features a magnificent hall embellished with intricate carvings and richly ornamented beams of the finest wood bearing the mark of master craftsmen from China.

Opening Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm - Mondays to Fridays9.00am to 1.00pm - Saturdays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home